Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fair Isle Bag

Here is a bag that is an adaptation of a bag by Beth Brown-Reinsel, adapted partly by Claudia, and further by me. It is done in Louet Gems Opal, which I really like, and bought by the pound at Convergence from the Louet booth. The handle is pretty long right now, I may shorten it, and will probably line the bag, but for right now I am leaving the inside as is so that I can admire the weaving in of what seemed like a million ends.

A detail shot, showing the second pattern and the corrugated rib a little better.
Other items are moving forward as well, and I finished one of the pairs of socks, but no pictures of them yet. I did take time to spin about 8 ounces this weekend, and since I'm a pretty fine spinner by nature, that's quite a bit of spinning. I haven't plied yet, but will take pictures after I do. I have been obsessed by the idea of a laceweight handspun shawl.
And I dyed this weekend as well, and made up some dye solutions. I love turkey roaster dyeing, in hot weather it seems to be the coolest method, at least for me.
Hopefully the heat will break soon, or at least the humidity!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, S!

Love,
Lissa

9:45 PM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger Marfa's Mewsings said...

Honey,
More gorgeous stuff from one of my fav Queens of the beautiful knitting projects!
XOXO
Martha

1:31 PM, August 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauteous bag, chiquita!

And I am SO with you on the books ~ I love to buy them, too ... and have lots. I do purge occasionally, but not often, and not enough for Brett ~ who doesn't understand WHY I need so many (and definitely doesn't get that THAT question need never be asked ;-D ).

Jen

11:26 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

I keep coming back to admire that gorgeous bag. I'm just in awe of your expertise. Will I ever get there?

10:14 AM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Shelia said...

Well, Claudia, I did say I was in finishing mode these days! You can can probably see some of the additional changes I made from Beth's original.

2:01 PM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger purlewe said...

Sheila-

ok.. this is really making me laugh. I also have re-written and plan on making that EXACT bag. I think we have very similar tastes.. which I am getting a big kick out of.

hope youa re well. the weather today is perfect!

4:37 PM, August 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home