Tuesday, February 07, 2006

FLAK Update

It's about time that I finish and post the upper back of the sweater, now that the next installment of the directions has been posted, so here it is:


The color is really off, it is actually a sea-green, with little flecks of brighter green and aqua. The pictures on blog entries from last month are actually much closer to the true color.

Here is a close-up of the cable details:








I'm just about ready to have it finished and will then put the back on a holder and cast on the front. One thing that is still open for decision is whether to make a pullover or a cardigan. I'm not sure that pullovers are my favorite type of sweater, but there are definately advantages to knitting a pullover in that it goes faster - and I don't dislike pullovers, they just are a little less versatile in the wearing. I'm going to have to decide this week, so that I can get started on the front(s?).

I'm adding the Team NY Knitting Olympics button to the sidebar - tough choice as to which team to join, but since I'm moving later this year, I decided to go with NY while I still can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Wow - that's a pretty drastic color off-age (I realize that's not a word, work with me here)! The knitting looks beautiful, though. I'd say get as much done as you can (can you start the sleeves, maybe?) and look for buttons in the meantime, and if you can't find good buttons by the time you need to start the front, it was meant to be a pullover.

I do have to say your apple/yarn ball on the button makes me giggle.

11:06 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home