Monday, September 04, 2006

Back Again, from a Different Place

I know, it's been quite a while. During the past 3 months I have:

- Packed a house of stuff into many, many boxes
- Gotten flooded at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival
- Attended the Mass. Sheep & Wool Festival, thankfully with no rain
- Acquired a couple of wheels, one a lucky find and one an orphan that found me
- Sold a house
- Moved across the country
- Fell, broke both bones in my leg a number of times, surgically acquired a batch of steel in my leg, and have been in a cast ever since
- Unpacked a few boxes before the fall
- Cancelled out of doing a Sheep to Shawl a week after my fall
- Finished 8 pairs of socks, 2 rectangular shawls (one lace, one entrelac), 2 triangular shawls (both lace), 3 hats, 2 pairs of fingerless gloves, and a bunch of face cloths (I discovered that it's not a good idea to work on complicated knitting while taking serious pain meds)
- Watched other people unpack boxes in my house while I directed where things should go, which places they generally didn't go into, and now I have only a vague idea of where anything is around here
- Went on a knitting cruise to Alaska (more to follow in a later post)
- Re-read the Lymond books by Dorothy Dunnet

I know that none of these things constitute good excuses for not blogging, but taken together they do explain it. There was also the minor detail that for a while I could not get up the stairs to the computer, and when I could I was not able to sit there for more than a couple of minutes at a stretch.

I have pictures and more details on some of the items above, and will be uploading them soon and posting more.

For now, though, I just wanted to break the ice and get back into posting again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

But you're back in spite of everything and that's great! Hope we get to see pictures of your new digs some time soon. Are you totally over the bone break and able to get around better?

8:40 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Amy Boogie said...

I had heard about the leg and I hope you're feeling much better and able to get around well. I look forward to seeing project and new home pics. xoxo

12:59 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger purlewe said...

HURRAH!! Congrats on getting to sit down for more than a few minutes at a time, we missed you!!

4:26 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Missed you! Hope you're getting around better.

6:05 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I am so glad you are back. Sorry to hear about the leg and hope you are feeling better.

An Alaskan cruise sounds wonderful, can't wait to hear about it.

6:45 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Bess said...

Wow! Back at last. I've checked every week but somehow I missed yesterday. Welcome - and please post pictures of all your knitting.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise.

9:13 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

well poot! We (that is Sue and I) sent a comment from the ship last Saturday, and I see it not.
Well, on to the *welcome home*, glad to have met you and now you are on my bloglines.

Be warned!
(Hi to Adam, too, patient soul that he is).

7:21 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Marfa's Mewsings said...

Oh Honey.
I have missed your virtual voice.
Thanks for catching us up - look forward to more of your golden words.
XOXO to you & Adam.
P.S. Whew-wee to all those completed projects. I feel like a turtle ^..^

11:26 PM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home